1. Tell us anything you want about your January.
January is over??? It went by like a flash, for sure. I didn't work a full week in Jan. between an "inclement weather expected" day, appointments, and another round of COVID.
2. Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen's English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2023 list includes GOAT, inflection point, quiet quitting, gaslighting, moving forward, amazing, Does that make sense?, irregardless, absolutely, and it is what it is.
Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add?
I use 'amazing', 'absolutely', and 'Does that make sense' on a regular basis, but I don't hear them overused. I've never heard of a few of those words/phrases but I think GOAT and gaslighting should definitely go away.
3. February 2nd is Groundhog Day. What's something that feels repeated in your life right now?
CH's appointments every other week, asking how his numbers are, and seeing him have a few days of feeling bad.
4. What's a food you love that's named after a place?
Right now it's Dubliner Cheese. It's super good on toasted french bread.
5. What's the best season of the year to visit your city or your part of the country? Tell us why.
I'd say fall, especially when the colors are at their peak.
|Picture in the park next to our house this fall.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Retirement is beginning to be a reality. I received my retirement forms to fill out for the school system a few weeks ago. They, along with the State forms have to be turned in by Spring Break, which is mid-March. I've started looking through my school materials and throwing away some things, plus marking some things as giveaways to other people. It's getting real!