1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
See the movie. Unfortunately, I just don't have time to read. If I am fortunate enough to read the book first, there are usually things that are different in the movie.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving. The family gets together and there's no pressure to buy anything for anybody.
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
That's a tough one! I love my mountains, no doubt. If you're talking about visiting, I'd almost have to say the beach, but if it's living there, I'd have to say mountains.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
It's a vehicle. As long as it gets me from point A to point B reliably, I'm happy. That being said, I would absolutely love to get my hands on either a brand new Mustang or a Mini-Cooper.
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
Chai tea..that someone else makes. And brings to me. While watching a movie on the couch. Under a blanket.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
You mean sisters? 'Cause y'all know I don't have friends, I have sisters! I rarely text anyone except my boys and CH. Friends that live in other states: FB; friends here: phone or face-to-face or e-mail.
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
In the mailbox at the end of the driveway.
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.)
9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning?
Is this with or without checking e-mail, FB, and a quick look at the blog? (ha, ha!)
It takes me about an hour to get completely ready: shower, dressing, eating breakfast. I throw in an extra 30 minutes when I get on the computer.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?
CH handles the car maintenance. I pay most of the bills; CH pays the biggies: car & mortgage.18. I really need to get out more!
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.
A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.
A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
I am wearing purple today:
"On October 20th, 2010, we will wear purple in honor of the 6 gay boys who committed suicide in recent weeks/months due to homophobic abuse in their homes and at their schools. Purple represents Spirit on the LGBTQ [lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning] flag and that’s exactly what we’d like all of you to have with you: spirit. Please know that times will get better and that you will meet people who will love you and respect you for who you are, no matter your sexuality."