What else would you do other than answer Hodgepodge questions when it’s 3:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning and you can’t get back to sleep after letting the dogs out? Time to get back in the Hodgepodge Game!
1. Have you ever been to and/or lived near the desert? What did you think? Travel and Leisure lists the 'coolest' American desert towns as-
Palm Springs CA, Virgina City NE, Bend OR, Winslow AZ, Marfa TX, Grand Junction CO, Silver City NM, Moab UT, Taos NM, Yakima WA, Borrego Springs CA, Terlingua TX, and St. George UT, and Tubac AZ
Have you been to any of these? Would you like to visit a desert town? Which on the list would you most like to see?
I've never been to any of the places listed, but I now have the Eagles Take it Easy running through my head after seeing Winslow, Az on the list! I have been to Phoenix, and it was just beautiful! So different from E. Tennessee, but really pretty. After watching some Overland videos of Moab, that's one place I'd like to visit.
2. What's a plan or project you've deserted in the past year?
I was going to paint our bedroom this summer, but it didn't get done. I was also going to call someone about cleaning the house...that didn't get done either. (Oh, you just wanted one...I'd better stop here!)
3. Desert-dessert? Share two or three words you find yourself having to think twice about when it comes to spelling.
I have to think when writing their vs. there. I don't have to think twice about lose vs. loose, but it drives me crazy to see those mixed up!
4. High and dry, like watching paint dry, dry run, dry as dust, not a dry eye in the house...which phrase can you relate to currently? Explain.
Dry as dust. I had to look that idiom up; I've never heard it before, but I would have to pick that one. Things are pretty dull around here, but that's good, right?
5. How often do you frequent the dry cleaners? Starch or no starch?
Hardly ever. CH hasn't had to wear suits to work for a while; that was the only reason I went. He definitely likes starch in his shirts.
6. What's a food or beverage you enjoy that's named for a place?
I'm coming up with a big fat nothing for this one.
7. Do you need solitude?
Don't we all? There are times when I just like to be alone. The older I get, the more I want those times!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm really beating myself up this morning. Yesterday, in the grocery store, there was a young couple with a baby a couple of customers ahead of me. Apparently they thought they had more on their food stamp card than they had. They ended up leaving the cart and leaving the store. I don't know why I didn't tell the cashier that I would pay for their groceries. They weren't getting anything crazy, just staples. When I told the cashier that I would've paid for them, she told me it was $50. I told her it would've been okay, but I didn't speak up. I've got to learn to speak up.