1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
No hunters here. I remember Daddy hunting once or twice, but that's it. I've only tried venison, and I didn't know I was tasting it, but it was good. I've never had any of the others, and don't really care to...unless I don't know what I'm eating!
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
Over Memorial Day Weekend, we camped at Mile High Campground. The views were amazing. I wrote about it here on our camping blog.
I took this picture as I was sitting in my chair on our campsite:
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
No birds. I'm not a "bird person".
I pretty much have to do that a lot in my profession. Work smarter, not harder.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado.
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
I said I wasn't a bird person, but I'm a bit obsessed with Cardinals. I relayed a happening to someone the other day, and we both ended up with goosebumps: Right at the end of a wedding ceremony (my nephew's), a cardinal started chirping. (For those who haven't ever heard this, it's said that when you see a cardinal, someone who has passed is thinking of you.)
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
I think it's very sad that kids can't enjoy Halloween like we did growing up. Trick or Treating, carving pumpkins...it was great fun going from house to house...whether we knew the people or not. I never was big on dressing up, though...I'm just not very creative.
We live on a busy road; last year we got 0, nada, nil trick or treaters. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing Halloween night.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The jumbotron was used for the first time last Friday. I haven't been to a game all year, but I had to go by and see what it looks like. My concern was that it was going to take over the stadium, but it didn't look that out of place.