Joyce asks the questions, and we provide the answers. See how others answered at From This Side of the Pond.
1. Tell me something you remember (or if you're not there yet, something you look forward to) about being 35.
I don't remember a whole lot about being 35. I had an 8, 5, and 2-year-old so I was pretty busy with them. CH & I laugh because he'll bring up something we did or saw from waaaaay back and I usually don't remember them. I tell him it's because I had more important things on my mind...like surviving with 3 little boys.
2. Last time you 'burned the candle at both ends'?
I've learned through the years to say "no". I've really cut back on "extracurricular" activities to focus on home life (and camping!). I try not to stress myself out anymore. So, to answer the question: I really can't remember!
3. Are you someone with the 'gift of gab'? Elaborate (which shouldn't be a problem if you answered yes teehee).
This question is a little trickier than you'd think. I can hold my own in a conversation and I definitely will give my opinion on things, but when you first meet me I may appear on the quiet side. (CH and my siblings-if they read this-are probably doubled over with laughter!) When I met a group of online friends at a convention a few years back, one of them said that I was a lot quieter than she thought I would be.
|Splitcoast Speechies: New Orleans, 2017 (minus our Ohio girl!)|
States represented: Texas, Oregon, Washington, Tennessee, California, New Hampshire, Louisiana
4. Do you request a special meal on your birthday, and if so tell us what that meal is? Do you want the same kind of cake year after year or will any flavor work? Do you want cake at all? Growing up were birthdays a big deal in your house? Are they a big deal now?
We usually have a family birthday dinner with the birthday boy/girl picking the restaurant. I love birthday cake but haven't had one in a long time. Give me chocolate and I'm a happy birthday girl. Growing up with 9 siblings, we were allowed 1 birthday party. I had mine when I turned 7. On birthdays, mama would fix us what we requested for that day. Other than that, no big deal. They aren't a big deal now, either. Just another day!
Pictures of my first 4 birthday cakes that my mom made:
5. 'Age is just a number.'
..agree or disagree? Tell us why.
I definitely agree. I just hit 61 a few months ago and really don't feel any older than 35. You're as old as you feel and I'm just not there yet!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We're getting ready to plan a big trip! We don't have to be home until mid-August so we can take our time and just enjoy seeing new sights (for me, anyway) and the beauty of North America. We'll definitely be heading north since it's summer, but how far north will we go? Any guesses?