1. Have you ever had a special pet in your life? Will you tell us about it?
I've had several dogs...all of them have been absolutely wonderful. Ally (a Schnauzer) lived the longest: 15 years. Pepper (who passed away about 2 years ago) lived almost as long. If I had to pick just 1, I would have to say Pepper. She was meant to be CH's dog, but she clung onto me and was my shadow. She was one of a kind and I still miss her terribly.
2. Did you grow up with pets in your home? What did it teach you?
We had a couple of dogs and a cat at one time. I learned that my dad really was a big ol' softy when it came to the cat. Somewhere there is a picture with the cat on the couch with him and he is scratching behind his ears. My dad was a farmboy...when he decided the cat needed to be neutered, he did it himself. We never saw that cat again!
3. Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?
Oh, all the time! Gurl Dogg is the most vocal dog we've ever had.
4. Sometimes a pet gets out and doesn't return for a few days. What do you think happens to them when they go on a walkabout?
When we lived in SC, Ally used to wander to a farm the next neighborhood over. She never left for very long. I think the longest she was gone was just overnight. She liked to go over and visit their barn.
5. With cats and dogs being the most popular pets, what is the most exotic pet you have personal experience with (didn't have to be yours)?
An iguana. It wasn't mine and wasn't in my house (thank goodness!).
6. Please tell us something random about your week so far...
Nothing much going on around here, just a lot of rain. The 1 day the sun came out, I had 2 students say, "The sun!" That ought to tell you something!
If you want to answer the questions on your blog, please visit Terri's Blog and link up with everyone else so we can visit each other!!