1. Did you watch The Oscars? How many of the Best Picture nominees have you seen? (American Sniper, Birdman, Boyhood, Selma, The Grand Budapest Hotel, The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything, and Whiplash)
Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
I haven't seen any of them. I don't think actors should promote their political or social agenda at all. There are too many people out there who think that what they say is bible, and won't think for themselves.
2. Speaking of the movies... are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It's Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
I have never gone to the movie alone, but I don't think I would mind it at all. Dinner in a restaurant? A little uncomfortable, I would think.
3. What's the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
Off the top of my head, I would say it was the master bath that CH surprised me with a couple of years ago. We probably could have done it ourselves, but it certainly was much easier this way!
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you're a fan, what's your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
I've never had Indian. There is a rather popular restaurant in the Rival town, but I've never been.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
It's not a particular song, but listening to Perry Como sing Christmas Songs reminds me of them.
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What's your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with aparticular fairy tale?
I don't know that I have a favorite. I remember reading them when I was little...it's too bad that kids now don't have that same experience.
7. What's a problem you solved yesterday?
The biggest problem I had yesterday was figuring out what I was going to eat for lunch. Gotta love snow days!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We bit the bullet last week and had our cable disconnected. We had been talking about it for a while. Most of the shows we watch are on network tv, or on Netflix. We decided to get a Hulu Plus account, so that takes care of shows that we would watch "On Demand". We bought an indoor antenna for each of the tvs & they're working great so far. Hopefully that won't change when the leaves are on the trees.