2. A favorite love song?
4. June 14th is National New Mexico Day...have you ever been to New Mexico (aka The Land of Enchantment)? Any desire to visit the state? Some of the top-rated tourist attractions there are- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, White Sands National Park, The Albuquerque International Balloon Festival, Bandelier National Monument, The Georgia O'Keefe Museum, Santa Fe Plaza, and the Petroglyph National Monument. Of the attractions listed which would be tops on your list?
|Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons|
6. Insert your own random thought here.
For a major re-cap of our Ireland Adventure, here's a list of my "Best of Ireland":
Best Irish Coffee
Best Advice on Where to Eat
1. "A daughter's a daughter all her life, but a son's a son til he takes a wife." What say you? Elaborate.
Not having any DILs, I'm going purely on speculation here. I don't think that's accurate. I think your son is always your son. In fact, I think I saw and talked with my sons more when they had serious girlfriends than I do when they don't.
2. Something you've seen recently that was 'cuter than a June bug'?
My sister who is 18 months older than I sent me a video of her grandson who is just a few months old. She hasn't laid on him yet since he is in Europe, so videos have to do for now! He is just adorable and is very vocal, which is precisely what this Speech-Language Pathologist likes to hear!
3. 'You can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream and that's pretty much the same thing.' Agree or disagree? Last time you had a serving of
happiness ice cream? Dish-cone-milkshake-sundae...which one do you choose?
Oh, how I love ice cream! When I eat it now, I can't eat a whole bowl and have to tone it down to just 1 scoop. If I didn't have any dietary restrictions, I would go for a big ol' milkshake! There was an ice cream place down the road from where we lived in SC that had the best shakes...the peanut butter & chocolate shakes were amazing!
4. What is one way/area in which you're currently 'swimming against the tide'?
My motivation to do anything has completely left me this summer. Maybe my body just needs a break from the structure of the school year. I get up in the morning (right as the sun is coming up) and do my 30-minute walks and then go to morning mass, but other than that, I just don't feel like doing anything.
5. Three things you're looking forward to this summer?
Summer is already here for me. I still hope that CH & I will go camping for a couple of days.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Due to my lack of motivation, I've been binging on shows. I just finished The Last Kingdom. Oh my, that Uhtred is a beautiful man! I really enjoy shows that have historical significance, so I will google the people in the show and the places for information. If you've watched it, you may be interested to know that Beocca is a saint. There is a St. Hild and I thought it was the same Hild portrayed in the show, but Hild was born about 200 years after St. Hild passed away.
For our last full day with the campervan, I knew where we were headed. I love the movie PS I Love You and knew that parts of it were filmed in the Wicklow Mountains. I also wanted to visit Glendalough, a monastic city that St. Kevin founded in the 6th century. I had heard it was "touristy" so in my mind I was imagining something like Gatlinburg, TN, with a lot of shops and restaurants. Boy, was I wrong!
|St. Kevin's Cross. It is said that if you can put your arms around it and touch your fingers together, you will receive graces. I couldn't do it; CH could.|
|View of the Monastic City with the bell tower on the right and St. Kevin's church on the left.|
|The top of a cross|
|This grave marker has been worn by weather; you can barely make out the cross|
|St. Kevin's Church or "Kitchen". It was believed that the tower was a kitchen at one time; however, there is no evidence to support that claim.|
|A view of the valley from the Monastic City|
|Inside wall of the Cathedral|
|These 2 gravemarkers fascinated me. The building behind it is St. Kieran's Church with St. Kevin's church (with the tower) behind that.|
|The Priest's House was probably an oratory or shrine.|
|Classic Irish landscape: Sheep grazing next to a Bell Tower dating back to the 11th Century.|
|The Irish are very serious about protecting their sheep!|
|It's believed that the stone crosses were used to guide pilgrims to Glendalough.|
|That's the campervan in the picture...I was pretty high up there!|
|The views were incredible!|
|We were treated to a spectacular sunset|
|Polestar's Instagram Post|