It's just like the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but with a new name and a new "hostess with the mostess"! Much thanks to Terri for continuing our Wednesday Q&A...I'm looking forward to being reacquainted with old friends and meeting new ones.
1. National Ding-a-Ling Day is observed across the United States each year on December 12. Ding-a-Lings on this day call the people they haven’t heard from in a while. It may be an old classmate, co-worker or neighbor from years ago. Or perhaps a call will go out to the child who used to mow the grass during the summer. How about that couple who carpooled for soccer. There are all sorts of people in our lives who manage to slip out of our lives who would love to hear the ding-a-ling of a call from you or me. So tell us who you want to call today!
This is going to sound awful, but absolutely no one. I recently got back in touch with a couple of friends from my college days through FB (we were in the band together), but I can't think of anyone I'd want to pick up the phone and call.
2. Each year on the 12th day of December, people across the United States recognize National Poinsettia Day. I am including this "National Day" too because my neighbor's poinsettia from last year is blooming beside their house!! Have you ever tried to plant a poinsettia outside?
First off: That poinsettia is beautiful! I've never tried to plant one, but early in our marriage, we rented a house out in the country that had a pond beside it. We could sit on the deck and fish (if we wanted to...we never did). Christmas was over & the poinsettia looked dead, so I tossed it into the pond. About a week later we had a beautiful red flower in the middle of the pond!
3. Do you believe in Bigfoot? What size shoe do you wear and do you have trouble shoe shopping?
I don't believe in Bigfoot but I definitely have one! I wear a 10 or 11 but my perfect size is a 10 1/2. Do you know how hard it is to find shoes that size?
4. What is one thing you refuse to share?
5. Are you finding that this Christmas is stressful? More or less than last year?
Nope. Not at all. I'm not baking or making candy this year. I'm just relaxing and taking it
as it comes. My last blog post was on how I'm getting over my Grinch-Styled Pity Party. I refuse to be stressed by Christmas any more!
6. Tell us something random about your week so far!
We had our kitchen painted last weekend...finally! NOW I feel like I have a new kitchen! When we bought the house 14 years ago, the kitchen was incredibly dark. To counteract the darkness, we painted it yellow. Then I painted it again a more vibrant yellow. On a couple of sisters' suggestion (they had the same one without knowing it!), here it is before & after:
When the sage started going on the wall I freaked just a bit because it looked so dark, but she assured me it would look fine after she covered up the yellow and after it dried. We are really pleased with the result!
Thanks again, Terri, for hosting! Want to get in on the Wednesday Medley? Check her blog Your Friend from Florida on Tuesdays to get the questions, then don't forget to link up on Wednesdays!
I like your take - I should refuse to stress about Christmas too!ReplyDelete
Love the new color! Glad you are leaving stress behind. Hope the rest of your week is merry and bright.ReplyDelete
ellen b. at https://happywonderer.com/
I had no one I wanted to call either. I hate talking on the phone.ReplyDelete
Your before and after kitchen pictures are wonderful!!! Beautiful! Great job! I loved your answers. Have a nice week.
I love the new color in your kitchen!! A color change is always fun! Thanks so much for joining in on the Medley!! I wear a size 12... I hate shoe shopping! LOL Have a blessed Sunday, Mary!ReplyDelete
Dessert...LOL Yeah, I don't like sharing that either. Haha! 10.5 is my perfect shoe size, too and it really is hard to find them. Especially since mine need to be wide. I love the sage! It's a nice, soft color. There's no one I want to call, either. Mostly because I'm connected with everyone via social media and also I hate talking on the phone.ReplyDelete
Nice to see you here : ) I love the color! I've just read three of these type posts, all with size 10 feet-ha! Seems we're all striving for less stress, more Christmas this year. Enjoy yours!ReplyDelete