1. The sweetness of summer...where have you found it recently? If you're in the Southern hemisphere, feel free to tell us about the sweetness you're finding in winter.
Kicking back, nowhere to be, and eating melons!
2. Take your sweet time, sweet tooth, home sweet home, short but sweet, the sweet smell of success, sweet talk...choose a sweet idiom and tell us how it fits your life currently?
"Take your sweet time". It's summer!
3. Sweet as honey, sweet as sugar, or sweet as pie, which phrase do you use when a sweet phrase is called for? What's the last sweet treat you indulged in?
Sweet as honey. I may have snuck a cookie (just one, though!) after lunch one day. For the past month, I've been trying to eat like I know I should to keep my sugar in check.
4. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word fidget?
Those crazy fidget spinners that were so popular a few years ago!
5. Share with us one of your favorite childhood travel memories.
We would travel to Texas every other year to see family. One year, my dad had this idea to save money on the way down and camp. It would have been great except that there was a horrendous rain that night and the campground flooded. So, we packed up and got back on the road. It was kind of scary (especially when my mom drove!) but nice to get to my aunt's house ahead of schedule.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
It's so good to get back into the Hodgepodge! Just in time for school to start back up...teachers go back in a week and the kids come back (staggered for the first week) the week after. I know this is very controversial, but I'm looking forward to seeing my students in school & getting back to a regular routine. Am I scared or nervous? No, not a bit!
A "bonus" random:
I've been slowly (veeerrrry slowly!) recapping our vacation from 2019 to the Canadian Maritimes. To check it out, click on the "NH & Canadian Maritimes" tab at the top of this page. I hope to have several more entries soon so I can start on an adventure we hope to have in 2021!