Head over to Joyce's to add your post and see how everyone else answered this week's questions.
1. We're approaching Memorial Day Weekend in the US of A...will you mark this in some way? If so tell us how. According to a list found here some things you might do in honor of Memorial Day would be-shop in a Veteran owned business, learn to play a patriotic song, watch the Memorial Day concert, take a virtual tour of the White House, write a letter to a soldier or a soldier's family, fly a flag, attend a Memorial Day parade, donate flowers for a soldier's grave, put together a care package for a soldier, and take a moment of silence at 3 PM (the National Moment of Remembrance)....of the ideas mentioned are there any you will try?
Take a moment of silence at 3:00 PM. I don't know that there are any Memorial Day parades around here, which is really sad. After being a marching band member for high school & college, I don't love a parade!
2. What's something recently that made you 'come to attention?'
Oh, absolutely! I had an extremely rough end of the year; one that really made me think that it may be time to retire. But I'm still laughing, so maybe it's not time.
3. In what area of your life do you need to 'soldier on?'
4. As a long weekend approaches and summer draws near, what's a favorite food from your childhood you think about adding to the menu?
5. Your favorite patriotic movie?
The Patriot. Part of that movie was filmed in the SC town where we lived, and Mel Gibson (before he lost it) showed up to Mass one Sunday. However, CH saw him & didn't let me know so I didn't see him. I just have to take CH's word for it.
This may not be considered a patriotic movie, but The American President is one of my all-time favorite movies.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
CH & I had a lovely getaway weekend. We went camping at a State Park we haven't tried out. Watch for a post on Friday!
Here are a few pictures I snapped over the past few days: