1. Describe a typical Sunday from your childhood.
Mass, followed by a substantial brunch, with the priest as our guest. The rest of the day was relaxing, reading the comics, and just being lazy.
2. How comfortable are you with uncertainty? Explain.
Not at all. I like to know what's coming down the pike!
3. What have you accomplished recently that might be described as crafty, as in 'arts and crafts' crafty? If crafty doesn't work for you, how about handy? Or both?
Nothing. Nothing at all.
Nope. Never. Thank goodness!
5. Cold turkey, talk turkey, what a turkey...in recent days, which turkey phrase or idiom best applies to you and why? Click on the word turkey if you need to read more about the meaning behind each phrase.
Talk turkey. I can't kid around with a straight face...at all!
6. If you could have any one guest join your Thanksgiving dinner table, who would it be?
My paternal grandmother. I didn't know her (she passed away before I was born), and I'd love to pick her brain! She must have been a very special lady.
7. What is one thing you must accomplish today?
I have to start off with a 7:15 a.m. meeting (but I'm not expecting the parent to show up), followed by a day of supervising my intern, then home to fix dinner, followed by community band practice. I just have to accomplish getting through the day!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's very frustrating when you put so much time and effort into preparing for meetings with parents only to have them not so up. I had that happen numerous times. Maybe the parents will surprise you. Fingers crossed! My paternal grandfather died when I was just 9...I'd love to see him at our Thanksgiving table for a chance to really get to know him.ReplyDelete
I hope your day goes well.ReplyDelete
Good luck on getting through your day ... it's going to be a BUSY one!!!ReplyDelete
You had brunch with the Priest? My parents were always close with our pastor so he was over often but I never thought of priests socializing that way. Uncertainty sucks! That would be a wondering Thanksgiving with your grandmother.ReplyDelete
It would be cool to have grandparents to sit & chat with....ReplyDelete
I hate it when I schedule things and no one shows. Makes me so angry. I hope your day was a good one.ReplyDelete
I'm totally with you on #5.ReplyDelete
I have a nervous giggle that can get me in a lot of trouble. Our youngest son has the same nervous laugh which is not a good thing to inherit. *giggle*
I've had a day here myself, but can finally relax now at 4 PM. It's possible when my meeting peeps cleared out I sprinted to the bedroom for my jammies : )ReplyDelete
Turkey is something I never buy, or eat except at Thanksgiving, and it's my least favorite part of the meal. I eat one helping and that's more then enough for me.ReplyDelete