You can tell I'm on summer break because I'm back again!!!
1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?
During my trip to Ireland, I felt like we were being pampered almost the whole time. We shared a car/driver with another family but we felt pretty pampered along the way.
2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?
Getting the end of the year stuff done. I'm being transferred from one of my schools so I had to pack up the materials there. It wasn't my base school so it wasn't that much a pain but it had to be done.
3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?
Being able to get along with most people has been perfect for my job. I have to get along with so many different people so it has come in handy.
I've done a lot of soul-searching since Christmas about how my faults have hindered me and have figured out that I do what I do for God, not for me or for recognition. I'm just going to leave it at that.
4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?
Throw it away.
5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?
Hopefully, we'll be camping. Our first choice of campgrounds doesn't take reservations so we may be taking our chances.
Edit: I completely skipped over the other questions!!!
My husband is from a military family (his dad is retired Army) so the military is close to our hearts. The Small Town doesn't do anything special for the day (that I know of, anyway).
I've been to Arlington a couple of times, and it really does hit home. So many people who died so we can enjoy the freedom we have.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
If you've read past years' posts you know what a fan I am of getting out of the door at 6:00 a.m. during the summer for a walk in the park with the dogs. I'm rethinking that this year and have decided 5:45 is an even better time. The squirrels aren't even awake then so I don't have to worry about the dogs getting distracted. Monday we had the whole park to ourselves and Tues. there was a group of guys (possibly Air Force...there's a National Guard base close by) running and doing some situps/pushups along the way. So 5:45 it will be!!!