Joyce has thoughtful summer questions for us this week. Click on the logo above to visit her blog and see what other participants had to say.
1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
I definitely think you can have them both. I think we've had them both in my lifetime in the U.S.A. Or, it could be that that's just the way it was and I didn't know any different.
2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
I'd love to go to Boston and see all of the historical sites there. My youngest brother lives just outside of Boston; I just haven't gotten up there yet.
3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot-free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
Free as a bird. Summer vacay; no kitchen remodel going on this summer. Nothing else needs to be said!
4. Something in your frig that's red? Something in your house that's white? Something in your view that's blue?
5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Saltwater taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
If the Newark airport counts, then, yes, I've been there.
We have Waffle House...does that count?
I don't even know what a Taylor Pork Roll is!
I don't really care for Monopoly.
Saltwater taffy: 😋
Shopping at the mall: 👎
Springsteen for sure with Bon Jovi coming in a close second.
Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on National NJ Day.
🙋6. Insert your own random thought here.
Here it is almost July & I feel like my summer is gone. Once I get back from a conference in a couple of weeks I'll have to start gearing back up for another school year. 6 more beginning of school years to go. The countdown is on!