Head over to Joyce's to add your post and see how everyone else answered this week's questions.
1. Something you've seen recently that's 'cuter than a June bug'?
I'm not a cat person, but MS' 2 kittens are cuter than a June bug:
2. Tell us something about where you were and what you were doing in June of 1988? If you weren't born yet, June of 1998. Or if that doesn't work, June of 2008.
CH & I were living in Dalton, GA. I was in grad school and VERY pregnant. OS was born in October of that year.
3. A place in your home or outdoor space where you feel 'snug as a bug in a rug'?
I never can seem to keep this straightened up, but this is "my corner". It's my prayer corner, my reading corner, my practicing corner, my corner.
4. June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetable Month. Do you normally get your 4-5 servings each day? What's a favorite summer dish you make/serve/like to be served-ha! made with one of your favorite summer fruits. A favorite summer dish made with a favorite summer veg? How do you feel about cooking in the summer months?
I don't usually use recipes with fruit...I usually just eat the fruit as is. In the summer, we like to eat Layered Summer Pasta Salad from Betty Crocker. I add Perdue Short Cut Chicken to the pasta salad and don't put the pasta in with the veggies. That way everyone gets as much pasta as they want and it comes out fairly even.
Cooking in the summer? HA! My slow cooker, electric griddle, and now my air fryer are my best friends since they keep me from turning on the oven.
5. Do you have a summer reading list? If so share a title or two we can add to our own.
I don't have a reading list, but I have a boatload (or at least a cubby load) of books I need to read. A summer book club is reading "All the Light We Cannot See" (Anthony Doerr) and I'm trying to finish up "Paul: A Novel" (Walter Wangerin, Jr.). The Paul book is actually quite good. Of course, it's historical fiction because we don't know exactly how St. Paul interacted with some of the apostles and disciples, but it is good.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
1. CH & I rode over to a mountain bike race last Sunday to cheer on OS' girlfriend. This is her first year racing and she's at the top of the standings for her group. The cicadas are supposed to be crazy this year, but at our house there are virtually none. This is what we heard as we walked along the path:
The cicadas were flying around and one landed on a plant next to where we were walking.
2. Every year, I look forward to my new planner. I was super excited about this year's because of the added features, namely the hard cover. I'm kind of hard on planners; I tend to just throw it in my bookbag as I'm heading out the door at the end of the day. The new one came on Monday, and it's perfect for me!