I'm back at the Hodgepodge this week. Joyce hosts most weeks and provides questions for us to ponder and then answer. Check out how others answered the questions at From This Side of the Pond.
1. July 5th is National Hawaii Day...have you ever been to Hawaii? Any desire to visit or make a return trip? Pineapple, mango, or guava...what's your pleasure?
I've never been but would love to go...Pearl Harbor is on my list.
Give me a nice juicy pineapple & I'm a happy girl.
2. Last time you were 'thrown in at the deep end'? Explain.
It's been a week of paddling like hell under the water after being thrown in the deep end. I just can't explain it.
3. Sun, sea, sand, salt...your favorite when it comes to summer?
I say that the ocean is great...except for all of that sand. I'm not a big fan of the sand and as I get older the sun is sinking on my list of faves. And feeling the salt on my skin after taking a dip in the sea? 😝 I do love sitting next to the sea and listening to the waves, especially if there is shade!
4. Bury your head in the sand, the sands of time, draw a line in the sand, pound sand, shifting sands...pick one and tell us how the phrase currently relates to your life in some way.
Shifting sands. We have a lot going on in our household right now. We're trying to find ways to cope with the changes. Let's just leave it at that.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (1 = make your own rules and 10=like a warden), how strict were your parents? If you're a parent where on the scale do you land?
I'd say my parents were a 7.5. Being the 8th child and the youngest girl, I think my parents were more lenient on me than they were my older siblings. I had friends whose parents were a lot more lenient than mine, but I also had at least one friend whose parents were much stricter than mine.
As a parent, I would say I was about a 6. It's difficult when both parents have different parenting styles and had a different level of strictness with our own parents. I gave in probably more than I should have.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I know I need to get started on my vacation posts. I haven't even begun to look through my pictures yet. Maybe tomorrow...