(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)
So far? Ha, ha...I laugh! Summer is over for me, as of 2 days ago. I'd say the summer was about an 8; here's why it was rated so high:
Again, I laugh. Both of my parents had 7 siblings, so, yeah, I'd say I had plenty of aunts & uncles! Since we lived in Tn. and most of them lived in Tx. (except for an uncle on the other side of NC & one in Idaho), we didn't get to know them very well. Oh, but my favorite uncle was one of my mom's brothers, Father Arthur. He was just the coolest! When it was the off-year for us to go to Tx., he'd bring a carload of cousins up here, as well as an aunt & uncle (when they could come). I have such fond memories of going to day trips in the mountains, with Father Arthur leading us in songs.
There is a children's book called "The Relatives Came" by Cynthia Rylant. That is our visits to a tea. If you've never heard of it, you can check it out here.
I'm the aunt to 9 nephews & 1 niece. That's correct: only 1 girl in the bunch!
3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?
The best thing I ever had that was dipped in chocolate was Flødeboller. I wrote about it here. I had it the last time I was in Copenhagen; it's a chocolate covered light, fluffy marshmallow.
As far as the cheese question, I'd have to say nachos.
4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.I hate to keep harping on this (okay, not really, because I keep doing it!), but the vastness of parts of our country (and the beauty) are astonishing. (This picture was taken as we drove through Kansas. You can see some dust kicking up in the distance.)
5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?
Again, I laugh. Having been back to work for 3 days, obviously it's a bulletin board.
6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?
The story of doubting Thomas; it shows us that even those close to Jesus doubted who he was, and he still accepted them.
7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?
1. Boston 2. Chicago 3. Tucson 4. Las Vegas 5. Seattle
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sunday, CH & I took a little trip to Asheville, because it had been a week since we'd been in the car for any amount of time! He had to meet a man who was buying his bed extender for a truck. So, we decided to make the most of it. We met him at Sierra Nevada Brewery. We weren't able to get an official tour (you have to make reservations), so we just wandered around by ourselves. The building itself is gorgeous.
I saw something I've never seen before. Someone commented on Instagram that it was like magic!
They have beautiful gardens and a huge firepit that I wanted to sit by...except it was about 100 degrees with 150% humidity.
Then, there was this:
Yep, we got to see OS! Isn't he handsome?