It's just like the Wednesday Hodgepodge, but with a new name and a new "hostess with the mostess"! Much thanks to Terri for continuing our Wednesday Q&A...I'm looking forward to being reacquainted with old friends and meeting new ones.
National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.)
National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie. It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies. Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!
The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.
1. Okay, fess up. Tell us your top three favorite pies, please. Will you have some pie today?
Pecan, Coconut, and Key Lime. We're having Chicken Pot Pie for dinner, so...
2. While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food? What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
I'm not too picky of an eater, as long as it's not cooked veggies. Especially if I'm traveling, I'll try it. I'm drawing a blank as to the worst thing I've ever eaten. CH says the worst thing he's ever eaten is King's Pie at the Tower of London.
3. Baking could be considered an art as could cooking. How do you define art?
Something that is beautiful. It's definitely in the eyes of the beholder!
4. Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please.
Wanna go to Booger King? (push tip of nose up while saying the next part) Hop right in! :)
5. January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt?
If I take my time, I think I have decent handwriting. I must have practiced, but I don't remember how much.
6. Tell us something random about your week.
A podcast that someone recommended to me is doing a book study on The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. The first episode was Monday, and it was excellent. The hosts are 3 women that includes 1 nun who are friends. I love their comradery and their insight. Just look up Abiding Together on Google Play, iTunes, or your favorite pod player. You won't be disappointed!