This is the Random Dozen for the week:
1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Yes. I actually took Marksmanship as one of my PE's in undergrad school. I think it's good for everybody to know how to shoot a gun just in case. And, one time, shortly after I got married, my husband took me out shooting. I shot a coke can with a pistol. Husband was very impressed; I was very lucky! I never told him it was pure luck! And that was the last time I shot a gun.
2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
As a matter of fact, I do. We're in the middle of planning our 30th High School Reunion and I'm in charge of the contacts. I sure hope the reunion is as much fun as the planning has been!
3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
I really, really try to arrive early or on time. The older I get, the later I get.
4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Okay, I'm not real sure what this means. I'm pretty laid back, which would be Cali, but I like my 4 seasons, which would be NY. Now that I think about it, I think I'm neither...just a Southern Girl at heart!
5. Do you have a special ring tone?
Right now I have "Fallin' for You" by Colbie Caillett. Such a catchy tune! And, yes, I change it according to the seasons: "Saturday in the Park" (Chicago) in the summer, "Down the Field" (UT Fight Song) for the fall & football season, and "Christmas in Dixie" (Alabama) for Christmas.
6. What is your favorite type of chip?
That's a tough one. Sun Chips are really good, but if I feel like I have to be good, Regular
Baked Lays make the list.
7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
Wow. I love comedies. Adam Sandler movies are hysterical, the Goldmember movies are also really funny. It depends on my mood as to how funny I think the movies are. "Zoolander" and "Rat Race" are always good for a laugh.
8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I don't think so. My dad cut our hair when I was little until mom (bless her heart!) stepped in and decided it was time for a professional to get involved!
9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
Definitely my house. We live in a house that's almost 50 years old, and we're the 2nd owner. We couldn't beat the price or location, but it's definitely a fixer-upper!
10. Are you allergic to anything?
Thankfully, no. Wait...does housework count?
11. Why is it so hard to change?
For me, I like routine. It's my comfort zone. I don't like being outside of that zone.
12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
It's so hard to open your heart and yourself to someone. When your emotions are so strong and you put yourself out there, you open yourself up to being vulnerable and hurt. I remember such strong emotions, remember being hurt, but more importantly, remember being so much in love. The memories and experiences are part of what makes me the person I am today!