It's Wednesday, so it's time for the Wednesday Hodgepodge, sponsored by Joyce. Want to join in? Click on the above button, copy & paste the questions, answer, then link up! It's that easy!
1. Share a favorite song lyric.
"Sometimes the very thing you're looking for
Is the one thing you can't see"
from "Save the Best for Last", sung by Vanessa Williams
I better not see 'I can't think of one' on anybody's paper. That's an automatic F in the Wednesday Hodgepodge you know.
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you?
Honestly, I can't remember. CH isn't a "yeller" (we balance each other out!), and I've always tried to avoid doing anything to make someone yell at me!
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive?
I don't think so. I think it's possible to have all three, as long as the person who has them keeps his/her head on straight.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill?
Chicken salad. This one is really easy: chicken, cream cheese, grapes, pineapple, almonds. Mix together and put on a croissant or other bread, and you're good to go!
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Will you do it?
Being the simpleton I am, I've trimmed my life to be pretty darned simple!
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene?
I would say about a 6. I get so disgusted with politics, it's better "simplify my life" and just refuse to listen to it!
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The "Uninvited Guest" is outta here! This morning, I opened the pantry and saw him scurry. I moved the sticky trap to the upper left corner (this is the side of the pantry where there isn't any food), and about 5 minutes later, I heard him moving the trap. When I looked, he was under the trap; he had flipped it over. I got the broom (thinking I would just knock him out since he was already stuck), but when I hit the trap, it just flipped it back over. Hmmmm...what to do? I did what any wife would do: I woke up CH and got him to dispose of it. Hopefully he was the only one!