1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
Having your house clean makes you motivated in other areas of your life. It's amazing how much more motivated I am to get my room at school ready.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
I happened to roam to a lot of stores over the past 2 weeks!
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
Gelato. Nothing else needs to be said.
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
Rome wasn't built in a day. I've done a lot of cleaning and throwing stuff out in the past week. I just concentrated on 1 room a day, and it all got done.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
"Under the Tuscan Sun" (wonder how many people are going to say the same thing?) I eventually want to read the book and get the "real" story.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
I've only been to Disneyworld. Buzz Lightyear was pretty fun, but how can you not love Pirates of the Caribbean or It's a Small World?
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
My ankles and lower legs are still trying to recover from our last camping trip! The biting flies and something else had a feast on my legs!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was a very, very good day! Besides it being payday and being able to get some stuff for my Speech Room at school, 3 things happened:
1) I got my lab results back: my cholesterol & A1C were lower than last time, so Go, Me! :) I may not have lost much weight this summer (about 10 pounds), but the walking and eating right appears to be paying off!
2) A coworker & I received word that our Poster Session Proposal for the National Convention was approved! In 30 years of being a Speech Pathologist, I have never been to the National Convention. We weren't expecting it to be approved; we had resigned ourselves to tweaking the proposal and getting it ready for the Schools Convention for next year.
3) OS is moving back south in September! He is going to be working for the company where he previously worked. This is a wonderful place to work. He'll even be able to take his dog to work with him! He'll be a couple of hours away from us, but that's much better than being 2 time zones away!