1. Share a winter memory from your childhood.I thought about this the other day when I was at my daddy's: Walking down to the basement to get the paper out his driveway, the snow days that we had came to me. I remembered coming in through the basement after sledding on the hill across the street. We would sit down in the hallway and take off all of our wet things. The best times!
2. What was on your blog this time last year? (Besides the Hodgepodge of course!) If you weren't blogging, what in the world were you doing with all that free time?
I actually had 2 posts on the 01/26/15. That doesn't happen very often! I wrote about being rude in "Excuse Me!" and my Weekly Meal Plan.
3. Ellen Goodman is quoted as saying, 'We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives...not looking for flaws, but for potential.'
Do you see more flaws or more potential in your life at the start of a new year? Have you done anything specific this month to address either one? Does the new year truly begin for you on January 1, or is there some other month of the year that feels like a fresh start and new beginning?
I see potential. Fresh starts and new beginnings are all in your mind. They could happen any time!
4. Who's an athlete you admire or respect and why?
Oh, you KNOW I'm going to say Peyton! He always seems to be the nicest guy. In college, he bought
pizza for the students waiting in line for tickets. He's the "favorite son" around these parts!
5. Do you like cream in your coffee? Whipped cream on your pumpkin pie? Cream cheese on a bagel? Sour cream on a baked potato? Cream of wheat for breakfast? Have you ever had a scone with clotted cream? Of all the creamy foods mentioned, which one sounds most appealing to you right this very minute?
I've never had cream of wheat or a scone with clotted cream, but everything else is really good! The kolaches I made last weekend had a cream cheese filling with ricotta cheese. They were excellent!
(Kolaches aren't really round. I know how to fix that next time!)
6. Where were you last kept waiting for 'hours on end'? Or for what felt like hours on end? How well did you cope?
I can't think of anything right now. Weird, huh?
7. Believe it or not, when next week's Hodgepodge rolls around it will be February.Huh?!? Bid adieu here to January in seven words or less.
Short, unexpected snowcation.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We're having a Mardi Gras Party at church on Friday, and I have to bring an appetizer. Any ideas for something that is quick and good?