I'm linking up with Joyce for the Wednesday Hodgepodge (a linky where you can get to know other bloggers).
1. Share a favorite memory of your mother or share a favorite something from your own life as a mother. If you're a mother (or stepmom) tell us how your experience as a mom differs from your own mother's experience.
It's hard to pick just 1 memory of my mom, but I'll try! I remember coming home from college, sitting on my bed, and talking to her; really talking. Until I met CH, she was my best friend.
2. In May we celebrate teachers (May 9) and nurses (May 6) both. Most every family has at least one in their midst, so tell us something (or a few things) you appreciate about the teacher or nurse on your family tree.
My mom and her sisters were nurses. There is no doubt that being a nurse came in pretty handy with 10 kids!
3. Chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad...which would you go for if all three were on the menu? On bread or a bed of lettuce? If you answered bread, what kind of bread would make it the perfect sandwich?
Chicken on a croissant.
4. Do you have a desk? Is it organized? If so, share your secret to keeping it that way. If you don't have a desk, where in your home do you take care of family paperwork and business? Where do you normally sit to blog?
Weeeeell, I have a desk now that my dad refinished. It's actually a "secretary"; it's big and heavy (just ask the guys who offered to move it into my house for me!). I spent a day a couple of weeks ago organizing it.
I'm not going to add a picture of what it looks like at this minute! I used to do my blogging either on the couch or at the kitchen table; now I have my own quiet space.
I was going into 4th grade in a brand spanking new elementary school. We thought we were the schiznet!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I don't know about you, but I like this shorter format! Whoever suggested it, THANK YOU! I know it has to save Joyce from time and stress!!!