1. Something you learned from your father?
Before my father passed away we had a lot of conversations about different things. I learned a lot about him, things that I had no idea about his life. One of the things he taught me while sitting on his back porch that I carry with me every day is how to identify a cardinal's song. They have different songs, but the one that always makes me smile is when I hear one singing, "Pretty, pretty, pretty". My dad, who couldn't carry a tune in a bucket (for real...no exaggeration!), would do his best to sing like a cardinal.
2. Do you like onions? Raw or cooked? How about onion rings? What's something you love to eat that calls for onions?
I'm not a big fan of onion rings but I think onions add a lot of flavor to different dishes. I don't guess "Funyons" count, do they?
3. It's officially summer (in the Northern hemisphere)...your favorite and least favorite things about the season?
Most favorite: being out of school for the summer (no-brainer!)
Least favorite: the heat & humidity
4. When you think about the summers of your childhood what are two or three things that come to mind?
Walking to and from the local swimming pool and playing outside. We didn't have air conditioning so we played out under the shade trees...a lot. And spent a lot of time at the pool.
5. A hot mess, the heat of the moment, beat the heat, if you can't stand the heat, catch heat, in a dead heat...choose a 'hot 'phrase and tell us how it applies to your life right now.
This one has me stumped. I guess I'll go with "beat the heat" since I walk at 6:00 a.m. before the heat settles in.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The past couple of days have actually been pretty nice, in fact, the mornings were cool...I didn't even break a sweat while walking. It's not going to last, though. The upper 90's are forecasted for the rest of the week.