I've gotta get back in the swing of the blogging thing...especially the Hodgepodge! This week's questions (courtesy of Joyce):
1. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The NFL is back in action along with all the college teams. Are you a fan? Who do you root for? If you're not a fan what do you do while the rest of America watches Saturday, Sunday, Monday night, and now Thursday night games?
Oh, how I LOVE football! It starts Friday night with Small Town High, and rolls into Saturday with "The Big Orange" (or, THE UT!) along with the rest of the SEC. We're not big NFL fans, but we'll watch Green Bay to see a local guy play some ball.
2. What's something I'll always find in your closet?
Oh, this is easy: clothes!
3. Share one of your earliest memories.
I think this is a memory: My parents moved into their current house when I was 9 months old. I swear I remember my daddy holding me and checking out the house before we moved in. I don't think it was a picture, because I've never come across one like it, so I'm calling it a memory.
4. What circus act best describes your week so far?
Lion tamer? Yesterday at one of my schools, we had the Book Fair, Grandparents' Day, and DEA testing (a test that's administered on the computer in the computer lab) going on at the same time. Ms. Principal said that after lunch she couldn't find any of the kids because nobody was where they were suppose to be. It was definitely a 3-ring circus!
5. What's a food you disliked as a child but you love now?
Spinach and broccoli. Okay, that's 2, but I'm feeling like an over-achiever right now!
6. Describe your summer in three words.
Pee, poop, and boring. It was my job to housetrain Laika this summer since I wasn't working. CH had a great time riding his motorcycle to Canada...while I trained his dog.
7. Where were you on September 11, 2001? Will you do anything special to mark the day this year?
We were living in SC, and I was at school working. I had just gone up to the office for something when the 2nd plane hit the tower.
Yesterday, I didn't do anything special except dedicate a blog post.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night, I met with the "special ed ladies" from my old school. We meet once/month for dinner at a local restaurant. Last night was the first night that I've seen most of them since the beginning of the school year. It was so good to catch up with what's been going on, especially since I only see 1 of them (the teacher of the gifted) on a regular basis. She goes around to every elementary school in the county...every week. She's at one of my schools the same day I'm there, so I get a quick "hi, how are you doing" kind of contact. So...it was good to see everybody and catch up on what's going on. It sounds like it's as crazy there as it is at my schools!