1. The first day of summer rolls in later this week. What are ten things you'd put on your list of quintessential summer activities? Will you try to manage all ten this summer?
10???? Are you kidding me??? I just want to get through this kitchen renovation before I go back to work on July 24th! I can't think about what I'd rather be doing; I just want this to be over so I can start enjoying my new beautiful kitchen.
2. Do you collect seashells when you're at the beach? What do you do with them once you get them home? What's your favorite place to comb for seashells? How many of these 'best beaches for hunting seashells' have you visited? Which one would you most like to visit?
Calvert Cliffs State Park (Maryland), Jeffrey's Bay (South Africa), Sanibel Island (Florida), Shipwreck Beach (Lanai Hawaii), Ocracoke Island (North Carolina), Galveston Island (Texas) and The Bahamas
I'm not much for collecting or searching for seashells, because of the clean up after to make sure they don't smell. I do enjoy looking at them while walking the seashore, but that's about it. When we were at the Outer Banks last year, I did keep a look out for sea glass but had no luck.
I went to Ocracoke last summer, and I went a crappy band trip to The Bahamas my senior year. I don't think I've ever been to Galveston Island; if I have it was when I was really little & I obviously don't remember it. There are so many other places I'd rather go than the ones listed.
3. At a snail's pace, shell out money, come out of your shell, go back into your shell, drop a bombshell, happy as a clam, clam up...which 'shell' phrase could most recently be applied to some event or circumstance in your life? Explain.
Wow. This renovation seemed to be moving right along, but now it's at a snail's pace and I foresee that I'll have to shell out some money. CH is causing me to come out of my shell to get what I want when I'm happy as a clam to clam up and let him drop the bombshell. I just want to go back into my shell and come out when it's over.
4. What summer activity do you dislike? Why?
The Small Town's "FreedomFest". For starters, they're having it this Saturday, which is over a full week before the 4th of July. The fireworks have Laika hiding behind CH's chair, shaking like a leaf.
5. What's something you see as quickly becoming obsolete? Does that bother you?
Trick or Treat. It's sad that this country has become such a place where the kids can't have the memories or fun that we had when we were growing up. Or, that Halloween is seen as "the devil". People need to lighten up.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Look at this sweet girl:
|We have a year-long house guest|