I only had my maternal grandmother living when I was born, and I only saw her every other year when we made the trek down to Texas. As I got older, she was bedridden, so I only saw her for a few minutes out of the whole time we were there. I remember the 1 time I saw her walk: she was in my aunt's kitchen and she got out of her wheelchair, holding onto the counter as she walked.
2. What's an item you were attached to as a child? What happened to it?
I don't think I was attached to anything as a child...unless it was my thumb! It's still on my hand!
3. When you look out your window, do you see the forest or the trees (literally and figuratively)? Explain.
Literally: the trees. I live in a neighborhood that has wonderful big trees, but no forest.
Figuratively: the forest. Until I get this kitchen redone, there are too many forests out there.
4. Do you like sour candies? Which of the 'sour' foods listed below would you say is your favorite?
grapefruit, Greek yogurt, tart cherries, lemons, limes, sauerkraut, buttermilk, or kumquats
Have you ever eaten a kumquat? What's your favorite dish containing one of the sour foods on the list?I don't like sour things. I don't consider Greek yogurt to be sour, especially if it has fruit or some kind of flavor to it, so I'll go with it as being my favorite.
I've never eaten a kumquat. Key Lime Pie is pretty awesome, especially if it's fried!
5. July 1st marked the mid point of 2017. In fifteen words or less, tell us how it's going so far.
Sucky. (See my "State of the Kitchen" posts.)
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Summer is all but over for me. I go back to work on Tuesday...my kitchen won't be completely done; the measurement for countertops is scheduled on Monday, then it will be 10-12 business days after I view the slab for the installment. With any luck, I'll be able to cook in my new oven before then.
I'm linking up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for the weekly Wednesday Hodgepodge.