1. Share one happy moment/memory from the holiday season.
I really had to think about this one. As with
most all of the Christmases since my mom passed, I just couldn't get into the holiday cheer. It was just a very different holiday. I did enjoy waking up without the aid of an alarm clock and doing a lot of cleaning in the house. Plus, the warm weather made it feel more like spring break than Christmas Break.
2. Let's be reasonable with our expectations going into this new year, k? What is one thing you'd like to accomplish/improve/complete/do in 2022?
I really want to get back to my blog(s).
3. Every January 1st (since 1976) Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words are chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2022-
wait, what?-no worries-at the end of the day-that being said-asking for a friend-circle back-deep dive-a new normal-you're on mute-supply chain
- Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? I don't say any of these regularly, but when I write I notice that I say "that being said" sometimes.
- Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? None of them bother me. Maybe "asking for a friend". Put your big girl panties on and own up to it!
- Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add? Nope.
4. Best thing you ate in the month of December?
I don't recall eating anything that was just over the top spectacular. I did have an exceptional drink: Frangelico and Five Farms Irish Cream (I'll never buy any other kind of Irish Cream again!), also called a "Nutty Irishman".
5. January 5th is National Bird Day. Are you a bird lover? What's your favorite bird to see in the wild? Choose a phrase from the list that follows and tell us how it relates to your life currently...eat like a bird, bird's eye view, early bird, bird-brained, free as a bird, a little bird told me, or kill two birds with one stone.
I love to sit and watch the birds! We have several bird feeders in the backyard and the side yard. My favorite is a toss-up between a cardinal and a woodpecker. I've seen 2 different kinds of woodpeckers around here: a downy woodpecker and a red-bellied woodpecker (whose belly isn't red). They're just fascinating to watch! Hawks are pretty awesome, too. A couple of days ago a huge hawk flew out of a tree that I was fairly close to. They are amazing.
"Early bird": I'm definitely a morning person. I like to get up early and get the day going. The downside is that I'm usually ready for bed by around 8:30!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Did you catch my post from earlier this week where I talked about a cookie recipe? I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it was the best thing I ate in December, but it did rank up there!
Also, catch my holiday post on Friday.