1. What do you never get tired of?
Watching the birds in the background. Yep, I'm officially old.
2. My mother made the best ________________________________.
3. What machine or appliance in your home aggravates you the most? Why?
This one is easy: the washing machine. If you don't have the clothes in the drum just right, they'll be soaked at the end of the cycle and I have to reload them and run the drain/spin cycle.
4. What are three things that brighten up your day when they happen?
1. Seeing a cardinal
2. Visits from hummingbirds
3. Texts/calls from my boys "just because"
5. Thursday (May 12) is National Limerick Day...write a limerick about relating to spring weather, spring blooms, or a spring event (five lines, the first two lines rhyme with the fifth line, the third and fourth lines rhyme together)
Spring weather doesn't last around here
It turns hot too fast, I fear
The cold temps are gone
The air has to come on
But school's almost out so cheer!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I saw my first hummingbird about a week ago. It flew right up to my office window like it was announcing itself. I put up a couple of birdfeeders but I broke one (operator error) and the nectar ran out. Last night I saw one fly to it, then to the kitchen window to let me know she's hungry.