Joyce asks the questions, and we provide the answers. See how others answered at From This Side of the Pond.
1. What's something that makes you feel stressed? How do you cope?
It usually involves something with one of the boys. I pray, I stay busy, and I walk.
2. What's a food you eat that evokes a memory? Explain.
Chicken pot pie. My SIL gave me the recipe; after my mom passed and right before my daddy passed I made it for my daddy a few times. He really enjoyed it, so every time I make it I think of the time I spent with him before he passed away. Those are times I'll always cherish.
3. This week's Hodgepodge lands on National Visit Your Relatives Day. Will you celebrate by visiting a relative? If so is travel involved? Geographically, who is your nearest relative (not counting those living in your own house)?
I won't celebrate that day because I didn't even know it existed! I have a sister who lives on the same road I live on. The road is a long one separated by a bridge...she lives on the other side of the bridge.
4. What's your most frequently used emoji? Do you make more phone calls, send more emails, or mainly text to communicate with friends and family?
😂 On my phone it's the smiley face with tears running down. I mainly text; it's just so darned convenient!
5. Tell us the story behind a favorite piece of furniture.
I have quite a few pieces of furniture that I treasure because my daddy made them. I joke that we would have little furniture if it wasn't for him. I don't think I have a favorite; I love them all.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I was approached a few weeks ago by a representative of the company where we rented the campervan for our trip. He asked if I would write a blog post outlining our holiday. Anytime I get the chance to talk/write about it, you bet I will! The post just went "live" yesterday:
Bunk Campers. I'm nearing the end of my Ireland posts on this blog and am at the end on the camping blog (except for the final post).