1. It's National Wine Day (May 25)...do you like wine? Red or white? Dry or sweet? Do you have a favorite? Have you ever been to California wine country? Or any other wine region? What's a dish you make that calls for wine?
The older I get, the drier I like it. I like red wine as long as it's not "smoky". There was a wine that I tried in NC that was the best I've ever had. I need to go back and get another bottle or more! North GA is becoming known as wine country; there are supposed to be some good wineries around there.
|Scene from Frogtown Winery in Dahlonega, GA|
Oh my goodness! One big thing is the unfairness of caseloads in my school system. That's all I'm going to say about that.
3. Last time you were 'wined and dined'? Tell us about it.
Last summer CH & I had a camping vacation: 2 days in North GA, 2 days in NC, and 2 days at some friends' house in VA. While there, I have no idea how many bottles of wine we went through, but I know that I couldn't keep up with them! They were wonderful hosts and we really enjoyed the time there.
4. Three cheers for_____________________.
5. This will be the last Hodgepodge in the month of May. Somehow next Wednesday the calendar rolls into June. Before we go through, sum up your May in twelve words or less.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm trying to get into my summer schedule, which includes walking at 5:45 a.m. before people start walking in the park. I love that morning time before it's too hot and I have to contend with Gurl Dogg and other dogs. This morning she had no interest in walking; she wouldn't even get off of the porch so I went on my own. It was really weird; I haven't walked without a dog in years, if ever. I think she's just getting older and can't handle walking as much as I did the past couple of days. Or it could be that she doesn't like being out in the dark!