Joyce has taken time out of her busy week to come up with some new questions for us! Feel free to join in by clicking on the above button, copying the questions and providing your answers!
1. Let's start with something controversial...dressing or stuffing? What's it called at your house and what's included in your recipe...cornbread? oysters? sausage? chestnuts?
Dressing. Southern style with cornbread.
2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?
I try very hard not to compare myself to anybody. I spent a good part of my youth doing that, and I'm comfortable being me at this time in my life!
3. When were you last inside an airport?
Oh, goodie! An easy one! It was on 8 Oct., when we came back from London.
4. What is one side dish that absolutely must be included in a turkey dinner?
Sweet potato casserole.
5. What Christmas song do you dread hearing?
Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton. That song just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.
6. If someone approaches you and asks for money do you give it to them? Do you drop money 'in a tin cup' that belongs to a person on the street? Do you have a specific charity you support during the holiday season and/or year round?
I don't know that I've ever had anyone come up to me and ask for money. And, we don't have people sitting on the corner in the Small Town with tin cups! I try to give to various charities through out the year, especially my church.
7. Share a favorite Thanksgiving memory. If you live in a country that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving share a favorite memory associated with food.
The year: 1987. The place: NYC. I was the guard instructor for Dalton (Ga.) High School, and we went to the Macy's Parade. Here's a clip:
I wrote about this last year, but all the memories came flooding back in the past few days. One of my college friend's daughter left yesterday morning because her high school band is going to the Macy's Parade. I told her that was something she'd remember her whole life.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've gone to the grocery store & package store, made the pies, and have given the girls their baths. On the agenda today: Take Pepper to the vet for her shots, work out, make the cornbread for the dressing, and wait for the boys to come home! It's nice having the day off so I can enjoy tomorrow!