1. This week marks the beginning of Lent...will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
I usually do one or the other, but I haven't given it much thought this year.
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday... tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as 'pancake day'. How do you like your pancakes? Or don't you?
Our favorite "pancake" is a "Danish pancake", which is really a crepe. We like them with peanut butter, mashed bananas, nutella, and syrup.
3. I'm sure there are many, but what's one love song you really love?
I'm totally blank right now. I'm sure half way through Wed. I'll think of at least 3!
After listening to The Carpenters on the way to work, let me say that I can't just pick ONE! "Goodbye to Love" is a great one, though. "Only Yesterday" is another good one. Unfortunately I'm at work & the state of Tennessee doesn't think it's a good idea for us to be on youtube, otherwise I'd post a clip of "Only Yesterday" for you!
If you missed my post on Monday, go back and check out the youtube clip. If you're a Karen Carpenter fan, you'll LOVE this song!
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
Cook. And bake.
5. Roses...red, pink, or do you prefer another color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
Yellow roses. The last time I got flowers was for Mother's Day a few years ago: peonies from MS. I'm not much of a flower person: I tell CH not to spend his money, since they'll just die after a few days!
6. President's Day will be celebrated in America next Monday. Does US Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours...Monticello (Jefferson's home), Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Montpelier (James Madison's home), Hyde Park(FD Roosevelt's home) and The White House (home to the sitting President) to name just a few. Of those listed which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
I love to learn about Presidential History. CH & I saw "Lincoln" a few weeks ago, so now I need to read the book that the movie was based on.
I've been to Mount Vernon a couple of times. I'd love to tour Monticello or The White House.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Terrible. Although, the older I get, the better I am at keeping them! Probably because I don't remember them! :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Have you seen this youtube clip? The big sister laughing is pretty funny, too!