Last Feb Hodgepodge
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
Christmas break: The Keys! Have I mentioned lately how great that vacation was? I felt: peaceful.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Brakes locking up, metal hitting metal during an accident, and a civil defense/tornado siren.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I try on in the store. If I take it home, it may or may not be taken back in a timely manner.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
LOVE pistachios! Right out of the shell!
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
Last weekend, CH & I looked at cabinets for our kitchen. I wanted a bigger oven, he doesn't think we need it (since I honestly don't bake that often). I compromised for an "in-between" oven. But, it turns out that it doesn't really matter: we've decided to hang with our current cabinets for a couple more years, then do an overhaul.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I'm a letter writer. And yes, I've gotten a response.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
CAMPING! We're planning a camping trip with CH's brother & his wife, and one of my brothers & his wife are coming, too!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm not doing any better with keeping up with my blog. I've just got too many irons in the fire right now!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Camping? I did it a lot as a kid but now prefer a warm hotel room bed! ( :ReplyDelete
Blogs are always 2nd in priority - which it should be :) No worriesReplyDelete
I had brakes down on my list too - but ended up changing it. That sound makes me cringe.
I'd like a new stove ... a gas stove. Ours is only 5 years old, but the cooktop is getting pretty beat up. But as long as it works, we'll keep using it. ;-)ReplyDelete
We were in Fla. last weekend and went to a Nature Preserve/park area. There were people tent camping on the more remote parts of the beach and it looked like so much fun. Hubs and I would love to do that. We camped on Assateague years ago, and that was mostly fun (a couple of weather/mosquito issues we had to overcome).ReplyDelete
I dislike the sound of the civil siren as well. Gives me goose bumps every time! LOVE the ocean. Wish I lived closer to it. And my household is waiting patiently till we can go camping again. It's David's super busy season so we don't even try planning anything. Maybe in April or May? Planning on taking the kids to Galveston to camp right by the ocean :)ReplyDelete
A spring camping trip sounds like fun!ReplyDelete
Life will slow down for you--eventually :)
A tornado siren is how we know it is noon on Saturdays here. :)ReplyDelete
Start baking now, you know, lobbying for that future oven. :)ReplyDelete
(Think how much you'll want it when the boys are all married and coming back home with their families)
We haven't been camping in years! Last time I slept in a tent and was awakened in the middle of the night by a drip, drip, drip. It had started to pour rain and I got all wet! I was not a HAPPY CAMPER (no pun intended!). ;)ReplyDelete
dont know if it will be warm enough for camping here but I am waiting for that season to come upReplyDelete
I should have said brakes too...and nails on a chalkboard....arrgh. I love the Keys. I am glad you enjoyed them.ReplyDelete
I helped my mom shop for her new appliances a few years ago. My thought was, "I can't wait until I can shop for appliances for ME!" lolReplyDelete
Peaceful is my word too and now I think I need a trip to the beach!ReplyDelete
Never thought I would use a double oven but it is great for the holidays and I love it. Enjoy your camping trip.
Peaceful-a good word for the ocean. I am not a camper type of gal-have fun. This time of the year, I always have way too many irons in the fire.ReplyDelete
The night before a long bike event we stayed in a nearby town. In the middle of the night I heard the civil defense siren. The weather was clear so I thought for a minute and then predicted that within 10 minutes I'd hear sirens. Yep, it was calling the VFD members to respond. Next year we stay in a different town!ReplyDelete