Last Feb Hodgepodge
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
Christmas break: The Keys! Have I mentioned lately how great that vacation was? I felt: peaceful.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
Brakes locking up, metal hitting metal during an accident, and a civil defense/tornado siren.
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I try on in the store. If I take it home, it may or may not be taken back in a timely manner.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
LOVE pistachios! Right out of the shell!
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
Last weekend, CH & I looked at cabinets for our kitchen. I wanted a bigger oven, he doesn't think we need it (since I honestly don't bake that often). I compromised for an "in-between" oven. But, it turns out that it doesn't really matter: we've decided to hang with our current cabinets for a couple more years, then do an overhaul.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I'm a letter writer. And yes, I've gotten a response.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
CAMPING! We're planning a camping trip with CH's brother & his wife, and one of my brothers & his wife are coming, too!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm not doing any better with keeping up with my blog. I've just got too many irons in the fire right now!