1. When were you last 'on a mountaintop'? You may answer in the literal or figurative sense.
Well...one of my schools could be considered to be 'on a mountaintop', so I'll say yesterday!
2. Do you establish and maintain a strict budget in your household? What is one piece of financial advice you would offer someone just starting out on their own?
Not really. I pay some of the bills, CH pays the rest. If we want to go to a movie or out to eat, we go. I would tell somebody just starting out to not use their credit card: If you don't have the money, you don't need it. Unless, of course, you need to buy plane tickets to Europe! :)
3. Cherries-yay or nay? Cherry pie, cherry cola, black forest cake, or a scoop ofBen and Jerry's Cherries Garcia...pick one.
I like cherries. I make this chocolate cake that uses cherry pie filling in it: Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cake
You pour the frosting over the cake while it's still warm, and the texture is unbelievable.
4. Should you ever discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
Better with people I don't know than family! (JK!) I get very uncomfortable when someone I've just met starts talking about religion. Talking about politics doesn't bother me as much, but religion is pretty personal.
5. When you take a road trip do you prefer to be the driver or the passenger? Where were you headed on your last road trip?
The passenger. We took a little road trip between Christmas & New Year's:
6. If we peeked inside your closet, what color would we say is most prevalent?
Blue. Or black.
7. Who's your favorite senior citizen and why are they special?
I can't pick just one: my parents. I think it's pretty obvious why they're so special to me!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Every time I go by our little duck pond, I look for 2 ducks. One of them obviously has something wrong with his/her wings: it looks like they've died, they're just hanging there and aren't pretty. The other duck is always close by, almost like it's protecting its mate. It really is a sweet scene. One of these days I'm actually going to stop and take a picture to share.