1. This week's Hodgepodge is Volume 123. What's something you've done recently that was as easy as 1-2-3?
As I was thinking about this answer, I remembered the jello that was called "1-2-3". Do you remember it? It was jello that was in layers, and I think it had some kind of cool whip layer in it. I did have that for my First Communion Dinner! (I'm avoiding answering the question because I really can't think of anything!)
2. The Wednesday Hodgepodge also happens to fall on the first day of May ...what is something you may do this month?
I may see my youngest graduate from high school, followed by a flute choir concert the next day, a Graduation Mass the day after that, followed by the last day of school (which includes a teacher luncheon since it's technically a half-day for students), and then a little trip across the ocean will begin.
3. The Englishman Horace Walpole is credited as saying, "The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think" How do you see it?
I'm not much of a thinker, but I definitely don't think the world is a tragedy.
4. May is National Hamburger Month...how often do you eat a burger? What are your must-haves when it comes to burgers? I assume you vegetarians won't be celebrating so tell us what you'd like instead?
I may eat a burger once or twice a month. Definites are mustard, ketchup, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, but hold the pickles!
5. Pansies, petunias, geraniums, impatiens...of the four mentioned, which is your favorite in a patio pot? Will there be pots on your patio this spring? (Or whenever spring comes to your part of the globe?) Who does the gardening at your house?
Out of the four, geraniums would be my pick in a pot. In the yard, though, I'll take impatiens. Pots on the patio will have to wait until late June. CH used to do quite a bit of gardening, but not so much now. I'm definitely not a gardener!
6. When did you last (literally or figuratively) shout "Mayday, Mayday!"
I have no idea. I don't remember a recent time when I've felt so overwhelmed that I've had to shout "Mayday"!
7. Say farewell to your April in ten words or less.
Oh, April. You sure did go by quickly!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night was YS' last band banquet. He's been in the high school band since 8th grade, so the past 5 years have been filled with concession stands and lots of music. I've made some friends through the drama that's happened in the Boosters; we've banded together for the kids. I'm going to miss those ties that I have, but I told the concession manager that all she has to do is give me a call & I'll come runnin'!