Time again for the Hodgepodge! How do you like my creative title?
1. What's something you're never too young or too old to enjoy?
Ice Cream. 'nuff said!
Ice Cream. 'nuff said!
2. Share one happy memory from your high school years.
Band Camp. Okay, go ahead and laugh and say, "One time at band camp..." But honestly, the best days of my life. Especially my freshman year.
3. A nationwide strike of fast food employees took place in the U. S. last week...they're calling for higher wages and the right to unionize? Your thoughts?
I'm way out of touch! I had no idea. I'm sure it's hard to live on minimum wage; I don't know how they do it.
4. September is National Honey Month...what's a favorite dish you make or eat that calls for honey?
I don't eat much honey. I do like it in tea on a hot day, though.
5. If you notice someone with a tag sticking out, a button unbuttoned, a shirt on inside-out, or some leftover lunch stuck between their teeth do you say something or do you keep quiet?
I say something. I'd want someone to tell me.
6. What movie always makes you cry? Or at least makes you feel like crying?
PS I Love You. I cry through the whole movie. Y'all know how much I love "The Family Stone". That one makes me cry, too.
7. 'Mary Had a Little Lamb' was written in May of 1830, and published inJuvenile Miscellany in September of that same year. Now for the fun part...create your own four line rhyme using that same tune.
School is driving me crazy, me crazy, me crazy.
School is driving me crazy, I need a little break.
Fall break is 4 weeks away, weeks away, weeks away.
Fall break is 4 weeks away, please hurry don't delay!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's Wednesday! You know what that means:
Well I was never in band, but camps of all sorts are fun and bonding, so I think I get it.ReplyDelete
Guess you're in full on school mode now...enjoy your day!
Marching band camps: hot, long hours, bug spray, and misery...on the practice field! But, also TONS of fun and a very bonding experience for the band geeks. I was one! ( :ReplyDelete
I haven't seen either one of the two movies you mentioned. I love your little song ... so creative. ;-)ReplyDelete
I never thought of ice cream for #1, but you're right!
I love that camel commercial. I think the words Band Camp will forever be synonymous with that movie. LolReplyDelete
Band camp-best memories ever!!ReplyDelete
I love that Geico ad...makes me laugh every time! Ha! Your "Mary Had a Little Lamb" redo was perfect! I remember so well how I'd look forward to any and every holiday I could get when I worked in the public schools. Enjoy your Wednesday, Mary!ReplyDelete
Seriously, I'm loving how many people are listing band camp as one of their fondest memories from high school! And that Hump Day commerical always makes me laugh! :-) have a great day!ReplyDelete
Family Stone.. yep... the end of that gets me every time too!!!!ReplyDelete
you don't eat honey!! WHAT?!?!?! I go through a jar of honey like every 2 weeks!
I hear band camp is always a good time. I guess you have to play an instrument to be able to go... why I was always home playing cards with my mom :)
I chose ice cream for #1, too.ReplyDelete
Love the commercial clip :)
yeah for ice creamReplyDelete
We had the same thought on the 8th comment...mine was negative though... Hope you have a good week.ReplyDelete
Ice Cream was my answer too! Your like me, I always tell people about their tags. Two excellent movies that made me cry. I love those camel commercials.ReplyDelete