1. It's that time of year again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or genera uselessness) in 2018. You can read more about the decision making process and word meaning here, but this year's top vote getters are-
unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn't need to be heated), and gig economy
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
Is it bad that I didn't realize that half of those words/phrases were "a thing"? Wow. I'm starting off this post with a bang. I have no answer for this one. On to #2:
2. What's something you need to get rid of in the new year?
Now this one I can answer! I really need to get rid of some negativity. I have a pretty good idea of where it's stemming & there's a huge possibility that I may have to deal with come next July.
3. Where do you feel stuck?
I took a look at my earnings last year in my online teacher store and compared it to last year. I thought I did better this year, but I actually didn't make as much as last year. Guess I need to do better with my marketing!
4. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter's day?
I had a bowl of my MIL's chicken & dumpling soup on New Year's Day. I'm not sure exactly how she made it, but I know she didn't just open a can. You can't beat Taco Soup on a cold winter day!
This recipe is really close to the recipe I use.
5. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in 2018.
I hope to camp more, read more, and enjoy life more this year.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
CH & I spent last week camping in Panama City Beach.
This was us in 2016:
And in 2017:
It was cold, rainy & overcast every day except 2, but we didn't let that deter us from having a good time! (Future post to come!)