1. Summer's here-whoohoo! What's your favorite sight, sound, AND smell associated with summer?
I saw this clip on youtube, and it had me laughing so hard I was crying!
Favorite sight: lightening bugs. Sound: Cicadas. (I know they can be annoying, but you've gotta admit, it does say "SUMMER"!) Smell: coppertone suntan lotion.
2. Fireflies or lightning bugs...what are they called in your neck of the woods?
Lightening bugs. (See #1)
3. What is something from the past week that reminded you of your childhood?
Walking by the "King & Queen's chair" in the park. There is a cluster of rocks tucked on a hill; there are a couple of rocks that appear to be a couple of chairs, plus a smaller chair. We would pretend that the rocks were the castle and the chairs belonged to the king, queen, and princess. The castle was complete with a dungeon, but I was never brave enough to go down there; the thought of snakes being in there was enough for me to stay away!
4. Define 'the good life'.
Being able to spend time with family and friends, not having to work, having someone to cook for me, sitting on the beach and having someone bring me drinks, etc...
5. Tell us what we'd see if you took a snapshot of your desk/work space?
I don't have a "work space" this summer. I have my laptop while I'm sitting on the couch. I have done some online Professional Development course...in the comfort of my couch!
6. Peaches or watermelon...yes, you have to choose.
That's soooo easy: watermelon. I don't like peaches.
7. Ever been skinny dippin'? Is that too much for the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Rest assured we won't need details...unless of course you feel you must but remember, this is a family friendly blog so keep it G rated.
Uh. No. Never. I have no desire to go, either.
8. Insert your own random thought here.