1. Date night last Saturday. Last Christmas, CH got 2 free tickets plus a $10 gift certificate to the concessions at a movie theater in the big town. We held onto them because
I'm not a big Johnny Depp fan, but he's just the perfect person to play Jack Sparrow. We really enjoyed the movie, so we didn't feel that the tickets didn't were wasted.
2. A spur of the moment visit to one of our favorite places. I told CH that it was going to be crazy busy with it being Memorial Day Weekend, but knowing some backroads helped!
Click on the picture for a better look!We saw some lazy things:
Coconut CrabColorful things:
Poison Dart Frogs
Leafy Sea Dragon
Weedy Sea Dragon
Japanese Spider Crab (the largest crab alive!)Expected things:
And the playful:
3. While at the Penguin Playhouse, there was a little boy who had a stuffed penguin. He held it up to the window and moved it around. There was a penguin who followed the toy as if it was a mirror. Very cute!
4. Ally finally getting her summer haircut:
It looks like she's not too happy about it, but she does feel much better!
5. Summer routines = afternoon naps! There's not many things much better than an afternoon nap.