Yes, I looked at Joyce's title for today before I started the post! (See #8 for an explanation!)
1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
Rest. That's numero uno on my list! I've never gotten a flu shot. When I was in elementary school, I used to get the flu and tonsillitis every year; I ran fevers that were so high I would hallucinate. Then one year, they just stopped. And (knock on wood), I've never had the flu since...even after working in elementary schools. I figured if I did get it, it would just give me a good excuse to stay in bed for a few days without anybody bothering me!
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Hit it straight on. "We have nothing to fear but fear itself". FDR
When I googled that to see who said it, this came up: We have nothing to fear but running out of beer. Interesting.
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
I have a job and all of my family is healthy.
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
I love pencil skirts. However, with my figure, they don't love me!
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
I tried to get into scouting, but it just wasn't for me. Especially after I went to a girl scout camp where we slept in these tents with boards on the floor. I heard mice all night long, and imagined them running over me. That pretty much did it for my girl scout camping days.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
Pumpkin. The smell, the taste. Nothing says "fall" like pumpkin!
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
Definitely patience. And compassion.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's my first week of bus duty for the year. I went to bed last night at 8:00, and was asleep by 8:30. I briefly woke up at 1:00 thinking it was time to get up; glad I checked out the clock before I got out of bed! I'm just glad I only have it 3 days/week instead of all 5!
Join us in the hodgepodge: Visit Joyce, copy and paste the questions in your post, and don't forget to link up!