Last Wednesday Hodgepodge of 2012
Wow. The last Hodgepodge of the year! Joyce is taking next week off for family time; I'm sure she's not the only one!
1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'?
In the Danish tradition, we always have a late, big dinner. Even though the boys are grown, they still beg to open at least one present after dinner. Then, Midnight Mass.
2. What is one thing you are not?
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor?
I love fudge! Over Thanksgiving, YS went into this little sweet shop and bought some fudge. I had a little taste of amaretto...Delicious! I can honestly say that I haven't eaten a fudge I didn't like!
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year?
If there are any in the area, I don't know about them.
5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?
The kind where we get together to talk, drink, and eat. No pressure with gifts.
6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
Well, MS will begin his senior year in college and YS will begin his college career. It's going to be very quiet around the house.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace.
"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me."
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We had a lockdown drill at school yesterday. It really, really bothered me. I sat in my room (I didn't have students at the time) and prayed for Newtown, and thought about what I would do. I have no cabinets or closets in my room. I think what would save me is that I'm off by myself, and most people don't know where I am, or that the room is even there.
After one of my sessions, I was walking a group to P.E. (the gym is not attached to the school) Someone had propped the door open with a book, and then gone to take a walk during a free period. I took the book out, and suggested to Ms. Principal that we be reminded not to prop the door open. I'm guilty of propping it open if I have to run out to my car real quick, but it's only for a couple of minutes. I'd really hesitate to do that now. The thing that gets me is that the person who did it should know better, plus I had even told her not to do it earlier in the year (or maybe it was last year) because of safety. I don't think she was too happy with me, but...REALLY?