I had actually planned on making this a few days ago, but forgot I had to marinate the chicken overnight. I finally made it last night! I thought it was pretty good; CH said it was just "so-so". For some reason it came out kind of watery; I think when I make it again I'll only use 1/2 of the whipping cream and/or drain the tomatoes. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
For new recipe ideas, visit: http://www.kitchenbelleicious.com/. It's not too late to join in and submit your recipe for next month!
Pioneer Woman's Butter Chicken
- 4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin
- ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
- 1 whole Lime, Juiced
- 1 whole Onion, Diced
- ¼ cups Butter
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 pint Whipping Cream
- 1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
- 2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want)
Preparation InstructionsCombine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (I have used light cream or half-and-half also) and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.