It's time for the hodgepodge, so you know what that means: Yep, we're halfway to the weekend! Here are this week's questions, courtesy of Joyce:
1. Sunday was the first day of spring. So they say. Ahem.
What is your favorite outdoor springtime activity?
I love going to the mountains and seeing the flowers. I don't do it enough!
2. Who would you want to come into your kitchen to cook dinner for you?
YS...oh, wait. He did that for us Monday night...without a recipe! He did it again: a good meal!
Chicken Parmesan with Alfredo Sauce & Linguine
If YS wasn't available, a dinner by Paula Deen might be nice...or Bobby Flay...or Carla from Top Chef. I would have a blast if any of them showed up in my kitchen!
3. When did you last fly a kite?
Oh, gosh. I don't have any idea.
4. What topic puts you to sleep faster than anything?
Numbers. Anything to do with numbers. I get this glazed look in my eyes and will drift right off.
5. Which flowers do you associate with specific people, places, or events?
I've never thought about this one before. I don't know that I associate any flowers with certain people, places, or events. I know I'm going to kick myself after I read other's answers, though!
6. What significant historical events took place during your elementary school days?
I think integration was the biggest one that I can remember/think of. I was in 3rd grade when the schools integrated. I remember wondering how I was going to tell my friends apart. And, when I accidentally touched the librarian's arm (she was black), I looked down at mine, and she said, "No, sweetie, it doesn't come off."
I had to do a little (very little!) bit of research, but here are a couple of other historical events: Vietnam War, Watergate, and the Kent State killings.
7. Do you swear? Do you pseudo-swear? (You know crap, shoot, friggin'?)
I'm really, really trying not to, but "pseudo-swear"? You betcha!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I guess I need to clarify something from my yesterday's post: We got rid of the aqua toilet when we moved in. There was a pink one just like it in the master bathroom. CH wanted to keep them...apparently they're worth a lot of money. But, the plumber said to get rid of them...something was wrong with them! I loved that man, God rest his soul!