Wednesday Hodgepodge: Spring Break Style!
Time for another installment of the Wednesday Hodgepodge!
1. March 20th is the first day of spring...is she a lion or a lamb in your part of the world?
During the day, my favorite meteorologist says it should be decent...but a little chilly. We are expecting a wintry mix tomorrow night, though.
2. What's the most dreaded task on your spring clean to-do list? Do you have a 'plan of attack'?
Wait. I'm suppose to have a "spring clean to-do list"??? My whole house really needs a good cleaning, but I sure don't feel up to doing it! Especially those dust bunnies under all of the beds!
3. Peas...love 'em or hate 'em? What's a favorite dish you make using peas?
Hate 'em. I have zero recipes that uses peas because I don't them!
4. Do you feel under appreciated?
At home: Not so much now that the boys are older. There was an awful lot of it when they were younger.
At work: Very much so. For reasons I can't get into here, since my blog goes to facebook!
5. Have you been using Google Reader? If so, what are you switching to now that GR has announced retirement? If not, how do you read your favorite blogs?
I subscribe to it, but haven't really been using it. I usually just scroll through my list on the front of my blog page. I have put google reader onto Flipboard. If you don't know about Flipboard, check it out. It's available for i-users and android users. You can see FB, twitter, instagram, and any other news feed in one place. http://flipboard.com/
6. Anne Bradstreet is credited with the following quote~
"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome."
Agree or Disagree? Why?
I think it's sooo true. I tell people: sometimes you have to through hell to get to heaven. And, you don't appreciate it as much if you don't go through some hard times! It's kind of like when we tell our kids, "If you had your birthday every day, it wouldn't be special".
7. When did you last 'spring for something'? What was it?
It was probably last year when I bought my flute. It was something I totally didn't need, but it's really brought me so much enjoyment so far!
8. Insert your own random thought here?
Spring Break is buzzing along nicely. I haven't done much in the way of housecleaning, but I think that will come in a couple of days. Okay, maybe not!