1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
I'm sure I'll watch. I don't know who I'll want to win, but whoever I decide will lose. In every playoff game I've watched this year, the team I've wanted to win has lost. (And, if you're wondering, I can be bought.)
2. Is ignorance bliss?
In a lot of scenarios, absolutely!
3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
Lately I've been Grumpy. A little Sneezy at times, but mostly Grumpy.
4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori.
Gosh, I don't know remember the last time we rode with another couple. I have no idea. I guess it would depend on who it was and where we were going.
5. What is beauty?
What's with some of these questions and making us think and be philosophical?
Beauty in a person is someone who is caring and has a good heart. I see beauty around me every day in the smiles of children. Also, everytime I look at the mountains my breath is taken away by the beauty.
6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
Dessert. Definitely dessert
7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer?
I rarely take appetizers anywhere. I take desserts.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night I had to go to a specially called band booster meeting. I had to go because I'm the secretary so I had to be there to take the minutes. I didn't want to go, but I knew I had to suck it up and put my big girl panties on and be responsible. There has been quite a bit of hard feelings related to an issue that should've been taken care of at the beginning of the school year, and it's come to a head. At last week's meeting, we had a couple of parents threaten to walk out. Too bad they didn't, 'cause they're a big part of the problem. (I didn't say that out loud, did I?) Now I know why my parents never got involved in boosters of any kind.
I got home and typed up the minutes, then checked my e-mail. When I read one of them, I was in tears. How is it possible that I can get so heartbroken to hear that someone I've never met IRL is going through a miscarriage (not her first)? My heart is so incredibly heavy right now from her news. I just keep thinking, "That jerk in the booster meeting doesn't want to give sports boosters who worked the concessions the money that they're expecting, while my friend is going through a miscarriage?" Talk about putting things in perspective. So, if you could just stop for a minute and say a quick prayer for my friend and her husband, I would appreciate it. I know they would, too.