1. Will you be hosting any house guests between now and the end of December? Does that thought make you happy or crazy? Do you do anything special for your guests to make them feel at home? How long should a house guest stay?
No, we won't be hosting anyone. My family was always a firm believer in staying home for Christmas; I'm not sure how much CH's family traveled during the holidays.
2. Walter Elias Disney was born this week (December 5) back in 1905 ...what's your all time favorite Disney movie? Here's a list in case you're struggling...and yes, you have to pick one.
Old movie: The Jungle Book
Holiday movie: The Santa Claus
Newer movie: The Princess Diaries
3. What was the last thing you purchased that you realized was a mistake after the fact?
I honestly can't think of anything that I have buyer's remorse about. I used to be an "impulse shopper", but now I'll carry it around in the buggy for a while and make sure I really want to spend money on it.
4. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
I usually do very little online.
5. Amaryllis-snowdrop-poinsettia...your favorite winter blossom?
Poinsettia. To me, nothing says winter or Christmas like a red poinsettia.
6. What is one thing on your personal Christmas wish list? I think we all want peace on earth so let's make this answer an actual item.
CH has been asking me what I want, and I honestly don't have anything I want.
7. If you could only use one word today what would it be?
"Rainy". I'm writing this on Tuesday night, and it's been really rainy here today. Warm, and rainy. There's a cold front coming through tomorrow, and we may see some of the white stuff falling Wed. afternoon. Here's what it looked like outside of my room at school Tues.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I'm actually going to have a couple of thoughts here:
1. YS had his Christmas Concert Monday night. The band is sounding better and better every year.
He participated in Tuba Christmas on Saturday. I would LOVE to get him to NYC next year for it. It's definitely worth an hour of your time to sit and listen to these musicians play for the sake of loving to play. Tuba Christmas is a world-wide event. To see when/where one is in your area, check out this site: TUBA CHRISTMAS
2. The photo challenge for today is "A wreath with a red bow". Here are a couple of wreaths above a couple of the Kindergarten Classrooms at one of my schools:
C'mon, y'all! It's not too late to get started with Susan's photo challenge, and it's not necessary to have a "big girl camera"! The list is here.