1. Summer officially rolls in with the Hodgepodge this week, for those of us in the Northern hemisphere anyway. What song says summer 2012 to you?
There are so many songs that say summer! "Brandy" (Looking Glass) takes me back to the pool when I was in late elementary/jr. high; "Summer Breeze" (Seals & Crofts) reminds me of high school summers. Then there's "Saturday int he Park" (Chicago). I'm sure once I read everybody else's answer I'll hit my forehead!
2. What's your favorite quintessential summer food?
Melons & ice cream. (You didn't say just one!)
3. I've spent a lot of time traipsing up and down the NJ Turnpike in recent weeks. Did you know the rest areas on the turnpike are named after people who lived or worked in NJ? Clara Barton, Walt Whitman, James Fenimore Cooper, Molly Pitcher, Joyce Kilmer, Thomas Edison, and Gover Clevland just to name a few. Of those I listed, who would you most like to have known and why?
Clara Barton. She seemed so passionate about helping others.
4. At what age did you move out of your parent's house and what prompted the move?
18, when I went to college. Although technically I was still a resident until I got married at 22.
5. What's more satisfying to you-saving time or saving money?
I get such a great feeling when I save money. Saving time is good, too.
6. Name something you think brings out the good in people.
A smile. Honestly. If I'm having a bad day, and someone smiles at me or says something kind, it changes everything.
7. This last question comes to you courtesy of Kathy over at Reflections...will you be taking a vacation or a staycation this summer? If so where will you go? If a staycation is on the calendar have you made any special plans to fill the time?
I have no plans this summer. Since we did London in October, and I have plans for Denmark/Germany next summer, I'm laying low.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My summer break is half over, and today is the first day of summer. Does anybody else see anything wrong with this picture? I went to one of my schools on Monday and cleaned out the inactive file cabinet. I can't stand disorganization (if that's a word!) in my workplace, and that cabinet was driving me crazy! It took me about 3 hours, but files were combined and put in file folders, the date the student went inactive is on the tab, and the folders are in alphabetical order. I feel so much better!