Here are my faves for this past week:
1. All boys under 1 roof for not one, but two nights!
2. 2 band members with the same shirt on at band practice:
They were absolutely horrified when I pointed out that they had on the same shirt!
3. Band Competition on Saturday. What a great way to spend a day!
And the view from the stadium:
4. Did I mention that the college boys were home?
5. Finding a big dirty bowl that was used for cereal. What is it with boys and cereal? When CH & I were in our Newlywed days, we used to call the big bowl a "Jethro Bowl". As in, the Beverly Hillbillies' Jethro. Not NCIS Jethro.
6. Getting a shot of Ally from the front. Of course, I did have to hold her head still, but I got it!
7. Pumpkin Crisp. Thanks to a coworker & friend (who is on a blogging hiatus due to havin' a baby!), I now have this wonderful recipe for fall!
But the best way to eat it: warm with some vanilla ice cream. Out of this world and oh, so easy!
8. Last, but certainly not least, seeing how one of the trees in the front yard is changing:
9. A couple of people asked for the recipe for the pretzel/rolo/pecan thingies. Here it is:
Take small pretzel (the twist kind)
Put a rolos on top of each pretzel
Place them on a cookie sheet
Put in a 300 degree oven for 3 minutes (that's all you need to put it in for...just enough time to soften the rolo)
As soon as you take it out, put a pecan half on top of the rolo and gently push it down...just a little (you have to work kind of fast; you don't want the rolo to harden back up
Let cool and enjoy!
It's that easy!
In the words of one of my undergrad professors:
Have a great P.O.E.T.S. Day!(Pee On Everything, Tomorrow's Saturday!)
Okay, he didn't really say "Pee", but I'm trying to keep this family friendly!