1. The NFL playoffs were held this past weekend and this year's Superbowl lineup will feature The New York Giants versus The New England Patriots. How do you define 'patriot'?
A Patriot is someone who loves his country. Even when it feels like it's going down the tubes.
2. What's something in your life right now that feels like a 'giant'?
Honestly, I can't think of anything. The "fog" is lifting, and I'm getting back to my normal self!
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think back to being 18?
Starting college. I was soooo ready to move on...I was at the college just a few weeks after graduating from high school.
4. Coconut-mashed potatoes-vanilla ice cream-mayonnaise...which white food would be the hardest to give up?
I don't eat any of those things very often, so it wouldn't be hard to give up any of them!
5. Describe an incident or a day you remember as the coldest you've ever experienced?
When I was a junior in high school, the AFS had a short term exchange with Mayo HS in Rochester, Mn. In February. I don't think I was warm for 1 second that whole week! How do you Yankees do it?
6. You're hosting a brunch...what's your favorite dish to prepare and serve?
Overnight Eggnog French Toast. Fix it the night before, and the day of, just pop it in the oven.
7. How do you combat negative thinking?
The first thing I do is make sure I'm on a schedule. If the negativity is coming from another person, I distance myself. If it's coming from within, I get my prayer life in order and try really, really hard to look at the positives in my life. Oh, and I may write a blog post to accentuate the positive!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday at school, I was talking with a group of 4th graders about the Chinese New Year. I told them that the Chinese invented fireworks, and one of my students said, "The Chinese invented a LOT of stuff! Every time I turn over a toy, it says 'Made in China'! "